As the new season is almost upon us please note the following important details;
Above is a JPEG poster of all the coaching courses and coach development workshops scheduled for Coaching Children (u6-u12) and Coaching Youth (u13-u15) across Leinster this season.
You will notice a change of course titles for this season.
- The Children’s Coach Award is a one-day course that combines the old Intro to Mini Rugby course and the Stage 1 course. It is for coaches of children (u6-u12)
- The Youth Coach Award replaces the old stage 2 coaching course and is for coaches of youth players (u13-15). It combines core modules over one day PLUS Scrum, Line-out and Backline Attack workshops that take place in regional locations during September, October and November. These workshops are listed on the attached JPEG but must be booked separately online at no additional cost.
To attend any of these sessions, coaches must register (and pay in full where there is a fee applicable) in advance. You can book online at www.leinsterrugby.ie/coaching
For coaches of Senior players (u16 to adult) we have already held two Stage 3 coaching courses this summer and our two remaining courses are fully booked.
As part of this course coaches must attend the core day PLUS one of each Scrum, Line-out and Backline Attack workshops that will take place in regional locations during September, October and November. These are listed on the attached JPEG and are currently available to book online at no additional cost. Any other coach of youth or adult players may also attend these workshops – simply register online in advance at www.leinsterrugby.ie/coaching
SAVE THE DATE.
Leinster Rugby are hosting a series of Club Information evenings with a expo style format. Topics covered will include; Game Administration, Club Services, Coach Development, Community, Competitions & Registration, Marketing & PRO, Spirit Programme, Sponsorship, Ticketing, Women’s/Girl’s Game
- Monday 9th September – Leinster Branch HQ 6.30pm
- Wednesday 11th September – Navan RFC 6.30pm
- Thursday 12th September – IT Carlow 6.30pm
It is essential that the club is represented on one of the 3 dates
The role of Club Coaching Coordinator will continue to have an ever increasing focus in our communication with clubs in the coming season. The regional Coach Development Officers and I look forward to engaging with you regarding the support, recruitment, retention, development and recognition of coaches to develop a high quality and sustainable coaching plan for your club. There is a download version with a brief role description to help you coordinate your plans and actions and I will discuss this role and support we can provide further at the above Club Information evenings. I look forward to seeing you then.